Thursday

Guest Blogger: Pastor Shelissa Hull

Go on over to the Winners Circle and check out Pastor Shelissa Hull. She is one of the up and coming prophetic voices of this generation. Me and Tara are blessed to call her a friend/



We were born to win…..to be successful in every area of our lives. TO live life at FULL CAPACITY POWER! I don’t want to be a half way successful, halfway happy, halfway powerful Christian. I believe that if we are going to fulfill the Great Commission to go ye into all the world……we will not be successful if we are weak wimpy whiney Christians!!!! We need the Power of GOD!!!

Ephesians 3:20 is by far one of my favorite verses in the whole Bible. “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us!!”

So here is the question I hear some of you asking now….Where did the power go? You say Pastor if the power is at work in me why I am not seeing it and feeling it and experiencing it in my life…..I’m glad you asked.

I think there are 3 main keys we must have if we want to see that power working at full capacity in our lives. Key #11. READThe Word of God has to become your primary fuel. Just like a car cannot run without fuel, your spiritual life cannot operate without fuel. Ecclesiastes 8:4 says “Where the word of a king is there is power….” Praise God did you hear that! Have you done what Psalm 119:11 instructs us to do……Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against You?? You MUST.......Because where the word is there is power! No matter what the situation in your life is speak the word. DO not side with the enemy……….Stop the negative talk and speak with the POWER OF THE WORD and watch your circumstances line up!!

There are laws found in scripture that are just like the law of gravity. If you pick up your mouse and drop it.....it WILL FALL. Well here is the law of declaring Gods word…..Isaiah 55:11 - So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. Job 22:28You will also declare a thing, And it will be established for you; So light will shine on your ways. So if His word will not return void and we declare a thing and it shall be established then I believe we will operate in the full capacity of power that God desires for us!!!!

Now listen I am not saying that you can just live any way you want randomly pick your favorite scripture quote it ten times and it shall come to pass. God is not a genie in a bottle…..but God is the all powerful Lord of the universe and everything in the universe is still under his command. The key is to submit to His word!!! Then declare it to be so. I have told you before life is a game of spiritual warfare. You are only on this earth a very short time and the enemy’s goal is to gain your soul at the end of this game. We don’t have authority that is independent of God. We were never commanded to simply stand against the devil and he will flee……If you will read it again in James 4:7 it says first to submit yourselves to God and THEN resist the devil and he will flee!

Which brings me to my next point…….
2. DESIRE
You must have a desire for the things of God!! I can’t tell you how strongly God spoke this to me last night and said Power and Desire go hand in hand. If we want to operate in greater power, if we want to see more miracles, if we want spiritual gifts in operation in our homes, in our church, if we want to live a lift of unexplainable power than we must desire it with all of our hearts. Even God’s word (1 Corinthians 14:1 nkjv) tell us to desire spiritual gifts!! But here is the key……..The proof of desire is pursuit! If you say you desire God but you have not picked up your Bible since you were at church last Sunday…..you have to ask yourself CAN I OPERATE AT FULL CAPACITY ON LAST WEEKS WORD? If you say you desire God but you would rather spend your time in front of the TV instead of in prayer…..YOU HAVE TO ASK YOURSELF CAN THIS TV HELP ME LIVE LIFE AT FULL CAPACITY? I want us to understand that GOD is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we can ask or think, according to the power that works in us and then pursue it!!!

And my last point today……
3. You have to BELIEVE!!
Mark 16:17 says – These signs shall follow them that believe. Notice it does not say these signs shall follow believers!!! There are a lot of people that say they are believers but don’t necessarily believe. At some point, they believed Jesus to save them, but they are not believing him in the present to perform miracles on their behalf. They have lost their faith. Smith Wigglesworth always warned believers not to try to move a mountain with their “faith in God” Then how do you move a mountain? By yielding to the Lord as you walk in a faith filled relationship with Him allowing HIM to move mountains THRU you.

I don’t think we were intended to walk in the ordinary. You have a God given desire to win, succeed and dominate. Because God gave us dominion way back in the garden! To operate in full capacity power in your life…..you must remember

1. Your Word is primary and of most importance!
2. The proof of desire is pursuit
3. If you don’t believe you won’t receive!!!

READ, DESIRE, BELIEVE!


Be Blessed,
Pastor Shelissa

1 comment:

Pastor Shelisa Hull said...

Thank you so much for the Guest Spot! I love you and Tara dearly! I can honestly say one of the best gifts God has given me is true friends and you and Tara fall into that category! Love ya!
Shelisa