Friday

"Wait on God"

Matt 10:39
39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.
NKJV

James 4:1-6
Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members? 2 You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask. 3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures. 4 Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. 5 Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain,"The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously"?

6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says:

"God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble."
NKJV

He that seeks to gain his life will lose it, but he that loses his life will find it. God has been dealing with me that If I seek to save myself from being attacked, ostracized, criticized, from pain, being crucified, being attacked, you will lose your life. But if you will give up, surrender, trust God, stand still, not react, quit defending yourself, quit trying to make it happen, quit striving, then you will find your life, the life God had prepared for you before the foundation fo the world, the life that is fixed, finished, completed.

Most of my life I have arrived early in God's plan for me, I have jumped the gun, made it happen, resulting in a mess. Recently for the fist time, I had a oppotunity that I could have made happen but God kept dealing with me to wait on Him. You can make it happen and get second best or let it happen and get God's best.

James tells us that you have not because you don't ask. You ask all the wrong people, you run to everybody but God for help, you share your struggles with everyone but the one who can turn it on a dime. God is saying my intervention will only come on the backside of your willingness to ask. What you have been stiving for, desiring for, go to God and just ask. You have filled out the resume, gone back to school, fought, kicked and screamed but you won't ask God.

Adultey here does not mean fornication it is talking about those who try to bring about their dreams and desire through their own abilities. James says the spirit is in you yearning intensely, that while you are trying to make it happen, He is crying out, "Why don't you let me do my job", I have been put on the inside of you to give you everything you need to live the abundant life, but you won't let me help you. I can give you favor, heal your marriage, fix your Church, give you the financial miracle, let me do my job!

What are in your life are you striving to make something happen, looking at every alternative but to go to God?

What situation are you trying to fix, but it keeps getting worse and you still won't go to God and ask for help?

When you pray are you really communicating to God what you feel, need, desire?

Have you tried to make something happen, force a door to open, rather than waiting on God?

Are you doing everything but praying concerning that situation? Are you drawing conclusions and you have not gotten on your face to see what God says about it? God says be still and know that I am God. Watch me turn this thing around!

Blessings,
Craig Sloan

No comments: