Tuesday

"Stop Clinging To Me"

John 20:11-19
11 Mary Magdalene Sees the Risen Lord
But Mary stood outside by the tomb weeping, and as she wept she stooped down and looked into the tomb. 12 And she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain. 13 Then they said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping?"
She said to them, "Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him."
14 Now when she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, and did not know that it was Jesus. 15 Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?"
She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, "Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away."
16 Jesus said to her, "Mary!"
She turned and said to Him, "Rabboni!" (which is to say, Teacher).
17 Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them,'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'"
18 Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that He had spoken these things to her.
19 The Apostles Commissioned
NKJV

Here are some thought I had from this passage.

* Mary didn't recognize Jesus and supposed him to be the Gardener. When He spoke to her she turned around and didn't recognize Him. Could it be that Jesus is coming to us through people around us and we don't recognize Him. Could it be that we think they are just the Gardener, school teacher, grocery clerk, but Jesus is wanting to reveal another side of Himself through that person. Could it be that the miracle you need is coming to you through a person you don't recognize because you are expecting Him to come another way?

* Thank God for women, only she had the courage to actually look in the tomb herself, the other disciples didn't go all the way in. Because of the investigating nature of women she went all the way in and saw the angels who said He is not here. Women have the ability to see things men don't. In fact the first evangelist was a woman. When God was about to introduce someone great He always announced it to a woman. Why? Because it was the woman that birthed the next move of God.

* When Jesus called her name he recognized her, but when she saw Him she didn't. We must live by what we hear not by what we see. Why? faith comes by hearing not seeing. Jesus is calling your name.

* Lastly, one translation says "Stop Clinging to Me!" She wanted to embrace Him in His present form (He had not yet ascended) but He was telling her it is better if you let me go, Why? Because I'm about to go to the next dimension, and if you hold me here, you will miss me in my next dimension, in fact when I return I will take you to where I am.

Who or what are you clinging to that is keeping them or you from the next dimension?

Why are you fighting to keep your present life, when God is trying to use death (pride, self, old things) to take you to your next dimension. You want to cling to your present life, But God has another level for you.

Who in you life is trying to keep you at your present level so they can be comfortable with you?

Many of you are going through a death process because God is wanting to elevate you to another dimension of power, living, and victory. Stop clinging!

Many of us are crying over something that is dying, when in reality it is an indication that God has a Resurrection for you (a glorified thing). Let it go so that God can give you something better!

Blessings,
Craig

No comments: