Friday

"Don't Throw the Spear Back"

I am rereading "The Tale of Three Kings". I read it years ago in seminary, but I felt directed to read it again. I am going to share some things that the Holy Spirit ministered to me out of the book, though most of it is not in the book.

What do you do when someone throws a spear at you? Most people if they are truthful would say, throw the spear back! Here is a thought. Could it be that the reason a Saul has been assigned to you, and he is throwing spears at you though you have not provoked him, that God assigned him to kill the Saul in you? Everyone of us has a Saul on the inside of us unmanifested.

You can easily tell when someone has been hit by a spear, they become bitter. David never got hit. What do you do when someone throws a spear at you? You keep praising God and duck! David would have grown up to be Saul number 2 except that God cut away the Saul in David's heart through a process of pain.

Let's go deeper. Years ago I heard Bishop Tony (the greatest preacher I have ever heard) preach a message concerning choosing your battles wisely. he made this statement, "Don't ever fight battles that have no spoils. You have to choose your battles otherwise you will be swinging at everything and you will waste energy, anointing, and time. There was an incident in which someone told me that people were talking about me, saying you said this... They then proceeded to tell me that I needed to call them and confront them. I replied, why? They can't stop my Destiny! Why would I want to fight that battle?

Jesus said that when men speak evil of you (slander) that you are blessed. The more they revile me, the more I am blessed Jesus went on to say in Matthew 10, that we are to recognize we are sent out as lambs amongst wolves (predators), "Be wise as serpents and gentle as doves". We have to ask ourselves this question. Is this hindering my future and Destiny?

People calling me names, accusing me of... People with adverse opinions of me. These are not battles worth fighting. But if you are standing in front of my God given Destiny, then let's get this thing on! I will fight for my future but I will not fight for your opinion. Too many people live their lives in the prison of what everybody thinks about them. Their opinion of you positive or negative can't help you in your purpose or hurt you in your purpose.

The enemy knows better than we do that he can't stop us. He can only divert our focus and attention resulting in our life coming to a standstill. In Matthew 10:23, Jesus said when they persecute you flee to another city (doesn't mean run in fear). Jesus was saying avoid confrontation with the enemy when ever possible. Why? He is just trying to get you to engage you in a battle that has no spoils, and will distract you from your real purpose.

How arrogant your enemy is to think that you have nothing more to do with your time than wonder what he is thinking or saying about you. Who cares? Let them talk, they can't stop your Destiny! Ongoing confrontation stalls your life, diverts your focus and exhaust your energy.
And when you win that battle, what have you won? Nothing, but a false sense of pride.

Ok, so what is the criteria I must use in choosing my battles?

1) Does it threaten my future?
2) Are there any spoils to this battle worth fighting for?

If I call them or confront them, what is to be gained? If I switch to a defensive mode, what is to be gained? Except bringing myself down to their level. When David showed up for his assignment (Goliath), his own brother engaged him in negative conversation to belittle him. I like what David did, he turned around and went in another direction. it was his way of saying, I don't want what you have, and you are not worth my time. Some of us the enemy says one thing and we go into hysteria and want to call everybody. Why? Because you are led by your emotions and you make decisions out of your emotions.

Here is another thought that I will pick up tomorrow. If you can make me angry, and I start making decisions out of those emotions. Who is in control? If David had thrown the spear back, He would have given control of his Destiny to Saul. No battle is worth that. So let me leave you with this advice. If someone is throwing spears at you, duck (know that God is using to kill the Saul in you), and resist the temptation to throw it back (resulting in you becoming what is trying to kill your Destiny).

Blessings,
Craig

PS - Those of you that have encouraged me to write a book, please pray I'm beginning the process, I will give details later.

2 comments:

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

Again, great teaching Craig. The stuff that is coming out of you right now is so rich. I know the Lord is bringing incredible things to the surface I'm so excited for what is ahead for you.

Love you guys!

Pastor Shelisa Hull said...

I can't WAIT to read the book!!! I want an autographed copy right off the top!!!

Love ya!
Shelisa