Monday

It's Your Serve!

I want to thank all of you that have requested that this blog be emailed to you. We have been swarmed with request. Send me your comments, I love reading them. What is really cool about blogging is that I can see where the blog is being read. There are people reading this blog in different nations. How cool!

Once again I want to share a lesson I have learned in studying great leaders. Bishop Tony Miller who is one of the greatest leaders I have ever known did a teaching years ago while I was on staff in Florida. Here is what he not only taught me but he lives by example even today.

* There is only one position open in the Kingdom, not apostle, prophet, pastor, teacher, or evangelist, the only position available is servant.

* God refers to Moses my servant, Joshua my servant. God is not impressed with our prophet card. I have been to conferences when someone approached me with a business card saying, "I am a prophet..." No, that is not who you are, that is your function. If you have to tell me that you are anointed, you probably aren't. You don't have to tell me, all I have to do is watch you, and what you do will tell me who you are.I am first and foremost a son who serves. You put your pants on the same way I do. You brush your teeth just like I do (at least I hope you do)

* There are two doors of access in the Kingdom, 1) Faith towards God 2) Service to men, in fact you can serve your way anywhere.

* The Father affirmed and accommodated Jesus before he ever performed one miracle, or preached one sermon. The Father is pleased with who you are ,not your performance. Your identity is not based on where you work, or what ministry you lead, it is based on who you are, a son of the most high God. Even if you lose your job, you still are a King's kid! When you discover who you are, they can take your stuff, but you will get it back in multiplied form.

* The greatest fear of religion is that you will discover who you are. The religious leaders attempted to stone Jesus, they said, we do not stone you for what you do, but for who you claim to be (John 10:31-33). Hell fears your discovery of your identity in Christ. Religion always desires to lower the level of your life to the level of your experience.

* Jesus was able to serve rather than be served because He knew what He had, where He had come from and where He was going (John 13:1-16). Those who become too great to serve are insecure in who they are, they don't know who they are, where they are from, and what they have.. Jesus said those who are greatest in the Kingdom are servants.

* I am learning that I don't have to have the approval of men to know who I am, God is pleased with me. In fact when I serve someone I can look past who they are, because I am serving Christ (Col. 3:23-24). Christ means the anointing. I can look past their flaws and weaknesses because I am serving the anointing which is a multiplier.

* How you serve where you are will determine how others will serve you. When I was Church planting I never lacked for people to serve me because of my faithfulness to serving Bishop Tony Miller for over 15 years. The greatest season of my life was when I was able to serve under Him. I was under the flow of anointing.

* The greatest flow of anointing is not at the top but at the bottom. The woman with the issue of blood crawled through the crowd and reached for the the edge of His garment (Mark 5). I was reading this one day when I asked myself a question, Why did she grab the edge of the garment, why didn't she grab his head, or the arm? The light switch came on, I realized she didn't grab the edge of the garment randomly, she had read over in Malachi (Mal. 4:2). The word wing in the Hebrew is edge of the garments. When King David was anointed the prophet poured the oil on top of his head and it would run all the way down to the bottom of the garment, the greatest consecration of oil was not at the head but at the bottom of the garment. David later wrote that the anointing flows from the head (Christ) to the beard (Elder ship), to the edge of the garments (body life), and there God commands the blessing! It actually reads, there is where the greatest release of blessing will be.

Here is what I am saying, the greatest anointing will not come from individuals in the pulpit but it will come from servants who discover who they are and they rise from the obscurity of the pews. It is not going to be superstars but it will be unknown servants who will see God's power and anointing in a dimension that we have never known. In the gospels and the book of Acts over 80% of the miracles and signs and wonders took place outside the temple. Why? Because God does not dwell in temples made by hands but He lives in vessels of clay, desiring that Christ in you becomes the hope (manifestation) of Glory (Authority and Power). You don't need a title, you don't need a position, you don't need the approval of men, all you need to do is discover who you are and begin to serve right where you are. In fact , the reason you are where you are is because you are anointed to change it! That's why you are working in that ungodly dark place. They can take your position, your job, but they can not take who you are. If you know who you are, when they get done taking all the stuff, God will restore it to you in multiplied form.

You have been chosen to change the atmosphere!

It's your serve!

1 comment:

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

Powerful stuff here, Craig. Thanks so much for sharing it. Excellent!