Friday

"There Has To Be More Than This"

I found this and thought it is relevant to what God has been dealing with me on potential.

I caught the tail end of the 60 Minutes' piece on Tom Brady. At the very end of the
interview, he made a comment that raised my eyebrows...

“Why do I have three Super Bowl rings and still think there's something greater out
there for me? I mean, maybe a lot of people would say, ʻHey man, this is what is.ʼ I
reached my goal, my dream, my life. Me, I think, ʻGod, it's got to be more than this.ʼ I
mean this isn't, this can't be what it's all cracked up to be.”

The reporter asked him if he had any answers. Brady's response:
“I wish I knew. I wish I knew...I love playing football and I love being quarterback
for this team. But at the same time, I think there are a lot of other parts about me that
Iʼm trying to find."

Here's a guy who is on his way to shattering every single season record there is for a
quarterback in the NFL, is the field general of what go down as the greatest NFL
team of all time, already has 3 Super Bowl victories, dates whoever he wants, wears
whatever he wants, has a contract worth $60 million, etc. and he admits that
sometimes he looks at his life and wonders, "Is this all there is?"

No comments: