Friday

"Catch on Fire"

I am have been doing quite a bit searching lately, especially since I have been under the weather. I very seldom get sick but at the end of last week, something got me. As I have been forced to slow down and take retrospective of things, I have come to some conclusions and have asked some questions. Here they are.

* Is the life I am living equal to the sacrifice Jesus made for me?
* Are my dreams for my life big enough that they would require God's help?
* When was the last time I took a risk for the Kingdom?
* Am I settling for average or am I going after God's best?
* Have I allowed the water buckets of life to put out my fire?
* I want to get God's heart for souls again.
* I dream of a Church that will impact an entire city for the Glory of God!
* What would a Church look like that becomes passionate about taking their city?
* Have I become so involved in the work of God that I have lost connection with the God of the work?
* I want to get around some white hot people for God so that I can catch their fire, I'm tired of playing Church, when will we be the Church?
* What does God celebrate? Not programs, attendance record, big buildings, successful financial campaigns, politics, republican or democrats, how many books I have read. The only time we find heaven celebrating in the bible is when souls are saved! I want to learn to celebrate what God celebrates.
* Church attendance is decreasing, the population is increasing, meaning the Church must become relevant, real, radical, reaching... The only way to reverse this trend is to target the unchurched. There are more lost people on this planet than there are Christians. What if we quit focusing on transfer growth and instead focus on conversion growth?
* God light me as a flame and let me become busy reaching souls!

God challenged me this morning to rekindle the flame (2 Tim 1:6).

*How did you lose your fire?
* How do you get it back? (Go after God till He gives you a white hot vision for your life).
* Have you sold out for everything but God?
* The only person that can fan your flame is you.
* The only way to regain your heart for lost souls is to get around them.

Let's catch on fire, and watch everything in our path catch on fire!

No comments: