Monday

"Honor on Three Levels"

Studying Matthew 10:40-42
"He who receives you receives Me, and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me. 41 He who receives a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward. And he who receives a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward. 42 And whoever gives one of these little ones only a cup of cold water in the name of a disciple, assuredly, I say to you, he shall by no means lose his reward." NKJV

Jesus is teaching here about honoring people on three different levels of relationship.

1) Prophet (vertical) (those over you)
2) Righteous man (horizontal) (peers)
3) Little ones (those under your care)

* If you receive a prophet (leader) in my name, you will receive their reward.

* If you receive the gift on their life, that gift will fall on you.

* It is easier to esteem highly those over us than it is to esteem those beside us (like us). It is interesting how we treat our spouse much differently when we are dating than we do after we have been married for 15 years.

* Jesus is teaching us that there will be a reward based on how I esteem on all three levels.

* What I can draw out of you is based on how I see you.

* If I receive you, I receive Jesus, and if I receive him, I receive the one who sent Him (father).

I want to learn how to honor on all three levels. Your ability to bless me is not based on how anointed you are, but it is based on how I view you. If I see you as just ordinary Willie, then I will receive nothing, but if I see you as a anointed vessel of God then I will draw out of you something that will bless me.

What is the difference between Benny Hinn and Pastor Willie who is faithful to his Church but is unknown? People will drive hours to see Benny Hinn but because of familiarity (comes based on your close proximity to someone) all they see their Pastor as, is one who marries, buries and visits the sick. The reality is that they both have the same Holy Spirit, they both have an anointing, but the difference is based on how you view them. If I see Pastor Willie as a man of God then I will draw the same power out of him. I receive you based on how I perceive you. If I perceive greatness on you then your greatness will bless me.

I used to think a Church service was based on me praying for three hours but now I know that I can pray all but if you view me as just Craig, then you will receive nothing. I have seen this difference in my life. I remember going to Jamaica and Bolivia and how they honored me as if I was Benny Hinn. I saw God do amazing things there. I have also been to Churches to preach where nothing happened no matter how annointed I was or how powerful my message was. I wanted to get out of there. It was based on how they viewed me. The same blessing that was released in those countries could have been released in that Church.

When Jesus went to one town they saw Him as the son of God, therefore they drew the God nature out of Him and great things happened. When Jesus went to His hometown, they saw Him as just a carpenters boy, therefore they drew nothing out of Him, in fact he could not do many mighty miracles there except to heal a few (colds).

Was is a different Jesus? No
It was the same Jesus, same Holy Spirit, same ability, but different perspectives. One placed great honor releasing power out of Him and the other by not placing value on Him restrained the power on His life.

That's why the bible tells us to esteem others over yourself, to prefer others over yourself. I truly believe that God sends blessings to us every day but because they come in a package we don't like, we miss the blessing. Could it be that the way you treated that waitress this morning rudely hindered a blessing God had for you, could it be that the way you treated your wife robbed you... Could it be that the way you treat your boss or those who work for you is locking up blessings from you. If we can get this I believe it would change our homes, workplaces and our city. I choose to honor those I come in contact with today. You never know who God will send your way that is a key to you receiving your reward.

Blessings,
Craig Sloan

1 comment:

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

This is an absolutely fantastic message. If everyone could "get" this,just think of the churches that would receive an absolute explosion in the spirit this week!