Wednesday

Guest Blogger "Steven Furtick"

This is a great blogg by Steven Furtick.


This blog is not based on any current situation in my life. I actually wrote it after a conversation with a friend about something he was going through. Honest.)

Mark this:
People will turn on you.
They just will. You’re not the exception. I’m a young man, but I’ve lived long enough to see:

Children turn on their natural parents, who loved them an did an above average job raising them
Staff members turn on their pastors…and yank half the donor base out from under the church in the process
Pastors turn on their congregations, committing unthinkable acts of immorality and deceit
Husbands turn on faithful wives of 24 years because the girl at the office made him feel young, funny, and relatively attractive.
I probably haven’t lived long enough to speak exhaustively on
What to do when someone turns on you just yet.
But I think I can suggest a few things not to do.

1. Don’t fancy yourself a martyr. Yes, betrayal hurts. But Jesus was betrayed by the bum who managed His money and murdered by the people that He came to save. That puts “poor poor me” in perspective.
2. Don’t punish the loyal people in your life by becoming a stone cold, arm’s length, “I’ll never let anyone hurt me like that again, the world is out to get me” leader. That’s not fair. Paranoia is not a road to recovery. It’s a sure fire recipe for eventual collapse.
3. Don’t miss the blessing in betrayal. Because of betrayal, Joseph saved a nation. Because of betrayal, Jesus saved the world. If you walk in integrity and process your pain Biblically, your biggest betrayal could be the delivery system for your greatest blessing.

This post turned out to be a bit of a downer. Sorry!
I’ll make it up to you with a verse that has helped me through every time someone has turned on me:

Isaiah 54:17
“No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from Me,” says the Lord.

I will deal with this more tommorow.

Blessings,
Craig Sloan

No comments: